iCloud Photos is one of the most admired features of Apple that allows iOS users to sync their photos and videos. But sometimes things go wrong and your data gets out of sync. This can be extremely frustrating as it prevents you from backing up or restoring your important memories.
Knowing how important it is to fix this problem, we've selected some tried and true methods to keep your iCloud photos running smoothly.
So don't worry and learn how to fix itiCloud photos not showing up on iPhonewith minimal effort.
- Part 1: Why iCloud photos not showing up on iPhone?
- Part 2: 6 solutions to fix iCloud photos not showing up on iPhone
- Check your iPhone settings
- Sign out of Apple ID and sign in again
- Restart your device
- Check your iCloud storage
- Turn on the Shared Album option.
- Update your iPhone
- Part 3: Bonus Tip: A Perfect Alternative to iCloud Photos to Backup Your Photos
- Part 4: Frequently Asked Questions
Part 1: Why iCloud photos not showing up on iPhone?
Problems with iCloud photos are quite common among iOS users. Also, keep in mind that iCloud can take some time to back up your photos, which could be one of the reasonsPhotos in iCloud not showing up on iPhone.
But if you face this problem from time to time, the culprits could be:
- iCloud requires a stable internet connection to sync and view your data. Often, weak internet is the main reason why you are unable to view iCloud photos.
- Another possible reason foriCloud Backup Photos Not Showing Upthe Apple server for iCloud might be down for some reason.
- Make sure you're signed in to the same Apple ID on every device you want to see your iCloud photos on.
- iCloud Photos may be turned off on your specific device.
Now that you know whyMy Photo Stream is not showing up on iPhone, let's learn how to fix it.
Part 2: 6 solutions to fix iCloud photos not showing up on iPhone
Try implementing the following workarounds one by one and hopefully you'll get the job done.
1Check your iPhone settings
First, you need to check if the iCloud settings are configured correctly on the device. Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID that you use when syncing iCloud photos to the same or another iPhone. Otherwise, this feature will not work and your photos or videos will not appear.
Also, iCloud Photos must be enabled on your iPhone. To confirm this:
- Step 1.Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud.
- step 2.From here, scroll down and tap Photos and make sure "Sync these photos from iPhone/iCloud" is checked.
Now wait for a while and check again whether your issue is resolved or not. If stilliCloud photos not showing up on iPhoneand move on to the next solution.
2Sign out of Apple ID and sign in again
Another basic solution to fix the problemPhoto Stream does not appear on iPhonesign out of Apple ID and sign in again. This may eliminate any temporary Apple ID errors that may have caused the issue in the first place.
The steps are very simple and easy to implement. That's how it's done:
- Step 1.Go to Settings and tap your name at the top.
- step 2.Then tap on the Sign Out option at the bottom and click Sign Out again to confirm your action.
- Stage 3.Wait a few seconds for the system to remove your Apple ID. Then tap Sign in again and enter your Apple ID and password
- Step 4Now check whether you can view iCloud photos or not.
3Restart your device
Many times, a small bug in your phone's software can disrupt the normal functioning of iCloud photos, leading to thePhotos in iCloud not showing up on iPhoneProblem. Resetting the device is the fastest way to clear software errors on the device.
So the next thing you should do is restart your iPhone. Note that the steps may vary slightly for different iPhone models, but either way, we've got you covered. Check out the steps below.
Restart iPhone X, 11, 12 or 13
- Step 1.Press the power button and one of the volume buttons until the glider appears on the screen.
- step 2.Drag the slider to disable it. Wait 30 seconds and then press and hold the power button to turn it on.
Restart iPhone SE (2nd generation), 8, 7 or 6
- Step 1.Press and hold the Power/Side button until a red glider appears on the screen.
- step 2.Slide to hang up the phone. Then press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
4Check your iCloud storage
Keep in mind that iCloud grants its users only 5GB of free storage space. There may be times when you run out of iCloud storage during the sync process which can be the obvious reason behind thisiCloud photos not showing up on iPhone.
So make sure your iPhone has enough iCloud storage to sync all your photos. That's how it's done:
Then go to iCloud. You will now see a storage bar showing your iCloud usage.
- Step 1.In your iPhone settings, tap your name at the top.
- step 2.Then tap on iCloud and you will see a bar showing available and used iCloud storage.
- Stage 3.When iCloud storage is full, try deleting some data to free up space. If not, you can always buy them.additional iCloud storage.
5Turn on the Shared Album option.
A common reason forBacked up photos do not appear in iCloudthe shared albums option may be disabled. Of course, you need to enable the Shared option in your phone settings to fix the issue.
To do this, follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1.Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud.
- step 2.Then tap on Photos and turn on the Shared Albums option.
- Stage 3.If it is already on, turn it off, wait a while, then turn it on again.
6Update your iPhone
SeiCloud photos not showing up on iPhoneEven after implementing the above solution, check whether your iPhone is up to date or not. Apple regularly releases iOS updates to offer new features and fix underlying issues.
So, updating your iPhone automatically can fix all kinds of issues, including iCloud photos not syncing. How to update your iPhone:
- Step 1.Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- step 2.If new updates are available, tap Download and Install and patiently wait for the process to complete
Now check if the iCloud photos are showing up or not.
Part 3: Bonus Tip: A Perfect Alternative to iCloud Photos to Backup Your Photos
It is quite common for users to face iCloud photo sync issue. That's why we present AirDroid Personal - a professional tool that offers both manual and automatic backups. Set up this app and backup all your photos and videos at the touch of a button.
The program does not cause any quality loss when backing up or restoring your data. Also, it has a special transfer option that allows you to send your files to multiple devices. And as if that weren't enough, it has universal compatibility. Now you can backup your iPhone/Android data to Mac and Windows.
Here are the steps you should follow to backup your iPhone to PC:
Step 1.Download and install AirDroid Personal on your PC and phone. Sign in with the same AirDroid account on both devices.
Get the free app
- step 2.Launch the desktop app, click the transfer icon on the left tab and select your device to connect remotely.
- Bad internet connection.
- iCloud is out of storage.
- iCloud Photos or Shared Albums are turned off.
- They are not using the same Apple ID.
- Check iCloud storage.
- Turn on iCloud Photos and Shared Albums.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Sign out of Apple ID and sign in again.
- Update your iPhone.
Stage 3.Then click on the Backup option and then click on Backup to start the process. When finished, click Open Folder to view your files.
This article provides a detailed guide on whyMy iCloud photos are not showing up on my iPhoneand how to fix it. Hope you solve all iCloud problems successfully and make it work smoothly again.
But if you still can't sync photos from iCloud, try AirDroid Personal. With this all-in-one management tool, you can backup all your photos and videos with a single click. Now you don't have to worry anymoreiCloud photos not showing up on iPhonesince you hardly get in trouble.
FAQ for iCloud photos not showing up on iPhone
1. Why iCloud Photos Not Appearing on iPhone
Some common reasons are:
2. How to fix my photo share not showing up on iPhone
Implement the following solutions: