If you're a company looking for a learning management system, chances are you've come across TalentLMS, one of the most popular platforms in the e-learning market. But its fame is no guarantee that it is the best solution for you. It's important to consider content authorship, course sales, branding requirements, and more. There are many valuable TalentLMS alternatives that you may have overlooked. In this blog, I'll take a look at some TalentLMS competitors and break down the key differences between the platforms so you can make an informed choice.
For a quick side-by-side view of all platforms, check out this comparison chart. Below you will also find detailed descriptions of each LMS.
TalentLMS Alternatives: A Quick Comparison Chart
|LMS||type of solution||main properties|
|1. TalentLMS||A low-cost LMS with a simple user interface, but offers a wide range of features including e-commerce, Zapier integration, and xAPI and cmi5 support.|
|3. SAP-Litmos||An online platform that offers all the functionality you could want from an LMS and provides a library of pre-packaged learning content.|
|4. I will teach||A platform that claims to be the only complete learning management system designed to enable, enhance and transform online learning for the modern enterprise.|
|5. Thoughtful||A course selling platform with all the tools you need to create, market and sell e-learning content under one roof.|
TalentLMS - A quick look
TalentLMSIt's a low-cost LMS with a simplified user interface, but offers a wide range of features including e-commerce, Zapier integration, and xAPI and cmi5 support.
- Basic course builder:You can use it to assemble courses from various content types such as video, audio, PPT presentations, PDF files, and SCORM/xAPY/cmi5 packages. You can also create simple tests and surveys.
- Discussion forums:This is a great tool for fostering communities of learners. Forums allow students and teachers to converse, and the strongest students help those who are left behind and have questions when the teacher cannot help.
- Great integration skills:The LMS can be connected to over 2000 apps via Zapier and other web services. For example, you can host web conferences directly from your platform via Zoom, send notifications to the Slack channel when a new course is added, or track learning results in BambooHR.
- Ecommerce:If you want to sell courses, TalentLMS provides all the necessary tools to do so. It has integrations with PayPal and Stripe for payment processing and allows you to offer special offers and run promotions.
- Finished content:TalentLMS has partnered with course providers such as Vado, BIGGER BRAINS, and BIZ LIBRARY to bring you a wide range of ready-to-use e-learning courses on a variety of topics.
There is a free plan limited to 5 users and 10 courses. The cheapest plan for up to 40 users is $59/month.
TalentLMSIt is best suited for organizations that need a cost-effective LMS for ongoing employee training and short-term training projects. It's also a good choice for anyone looking for a platform to sell learning content.
TalentLMS x iSpring Learn
- Intuitive student interface:The management interface is straightforward and the provider offers video tutorials on the platform. So you don't need to hire a technician to manage the LMS - anyone on your team can manage it.
- Online course builder:You can easily compose courses with images, quotes, videos, interactions and knowledge checks. The vendor claims it's even easier to use than Word, and I can confirm that it is.
- Integration with an award-winning authoring tool:iSpring Learn is integrated with the iSpring Suite's powerful authoring toolkit, which you can use to create interactive slide-based courses, quizzes, dialog simulations, and training videos. The best part is that the authoring tool is provided for free while it will cost you $770 (per author/year) if you buy it individually.
- Zoom-Integration:The LMS allows you to connect to Zoom and host ILT events online. You can also schedule your virtual training sessions in the LMS calendar and track student attendance.
- Quality 24/7 technical support:The iSpring team is very attentive to its customers and ready to help day or night. The provider claims that 83% of all cases are resolved within 2 hours.
iSpring offers two subscription types – Business and Enterprise, where Enterprise comes with advanced features. The price depends on the subscription you choose and the number of students joining the platform during a month. For example, the 100 student/month plan (Business subscription) costs $2.87 per student.
iSpring AprendaIt's a good choice for small to medium-sized businesses that want to deliver e-learning content to their employees quickly and effortlessly. It's also a great solution for blended learning users - they benefit from a single planning and reporting hub for ILT and e-learning activities.
TalentLMS x SAP Litmos
SAP LitmosIt's an online platform that has all the features you could want from an LMS and offers a library of prepackaged learning content.
- A set of course creation tools:You can create courses by assembling different types of content such as video, audio and PPT slides, use a built-in quiz editor and survey editor to take tests and surveys, create text pages to present information on Provide retrieval and create user verification lists.
- Litmos Heroes-Inhaltsbibliothek:You get instant access to a wide range of professionally designed video courses on a variety of topics, but a subscription must be purchased separately.
- Social Learning Features:Students can communicate through direct messages or discussion forums where they can leave their comments. Students can also earn achievements after completing the course and share them on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Integration with other services:The LMS is integrated with several webinar platforms (Zoom, Webex, GoToTraining) and some other services like Dropbox, DocuSign, Zendesk, BambooHR, MailChimp and LinkedIn.
- Ecommerce:Litmos has integrations with PayPal and Stripe so you can create your own course catalog and sell it online. However, the focus of this platform is on in-company training.
Annual subscription starts at $5.5/user/month for up to 150 users.
litmoscan be a good choice for companies that want to combine standard content with their own custom training and integration of their training with HR systems and CRMs.
TalentLMS vs. I will teach
i will teachis a platform that claims to be the only complete learning management system designed to enable, enhance and transform online learning for the modern enterprise.
- Basic Authoring Skills:In addition to loading video files and SCORM/AICC/xAPI packages, Docebo allows you to create HTML pages consisting of text and media. There is also a built-in quiz editor that supports about 8 question types.
- KI-Engine:Any content you import into the LMS is analyzed and keyworded by AI so students can easily find the materials they need.
- Content Market:You get access to cutting-edge e-learning content from the industry's leading course providers.
- I will teach the sites:Docebo has a handy tool that allows you to customize the learning experience interface for different audiences.
- Native Integration:The LMS supports 35+ integrations and connectors including CRM, e-commerce, HRIS, content creation and SSO. It also connects to the Citrix suite - GoToMeeting, GoToTraining and GoToWebinar - allowing trainers to host webinars and virtual classroom sessions.
The prices are not listed on the Docebo website. You need to contact the sales team for details.
i will teachis a solid on-the-job training LMS packed with features. The only downside is that it's quite complicated to use, but if it's not your first learning platform, Docebo could be a good choice.
TalentLMS x Thinkific
Pensiveit is quite different from the platforms I reviewed above. It's not a corporate LMS that's typically used for employee and channel partner training. It's a course selling platform that offers all the tools you need to create, market, and sell e-learning content under one roof.
- Drag-and-drop course builder:You can compose courses from different types of content: videos, audios, images, PDFs, etc. The platform also has a native quiz builder that allows you to make your courses interactive and measure the effectiveness of your content.
- Website-Builder-Tool:With Thinkific you can create your own marketplace for selling courses. You can customize the topics offered to fit your brand style or connect your courses to an existing website for a seamless branded experience.
- Marketing and sales toolset:You can use email campaign integrations like ActiveCampaign and ConvertKit to promote your courses, encourage your buyers to take action with coupons, freebies, and discounts, and choose the pricing and payment options that work best for you.
- Reporting Features:You can follow the sales process. Group and cohort reports and detailed segmentation can help you monitor and optimize your training business.
Starting at $49.00 per month with access to basic options.
Thinkific is a perfect platform for course creators looking for a low-tech way to create and sell courses online while maintaining their brand.
These are four solid TalentLMS alternatives that you might like. iSpring Learn is primarily designed for enterprise training (although it can also be used for academic e-learning), Thinkific is designed solely for the purpose of selling courses, while TalentLMS itself and the other competitors I've mentioned in this post , are good for both. I hope this blog helps you choose an LMS that suits your business needs.